Royal Family news latest – Queen may NEVER meet Lilibet as Prince Harry and Meghan 'snub UK to christen her in US'

THE Queen has been inducted into the racing Hall of Fame for her 'lifelong commitment' to the sport – amid family meetings over Andrew's desperate desire to return to public life.

The new honour comes on the back of her best year on the track, with more than £535,000 in earnings from her 33 wins on the Flat to date.

She is a regular at Royal Ascot and the Epsom Derby – with a trip with other members of the Royal Family already confirmed for next year.

Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates…

  • Louis Allwood

    Former senior Met cop slams force for dropping sex crime probe

    A former chief superintendent slammed the Met Police for its "premature" decision to drop a sex crime probe into Prince Andrew.

    Ex Met officer Dai Davies, says Cressida Dick is "totally incapable of making operational decisions" and another force should carry out an independent investigation.

    Mr Davies, who was in charge of the royal protection unit, said the decision was very premature while Giuffre is taking legal action against Prince Andrew in a US court and Epstein’s former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell is awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

    Mr Davies told the Mirror: “There are far more questions than answers here. What have they reviewed, what have they investigated?

    “What did the commissioner (Cressida Dick) ask? So far she has proved herself totally incapable of making operational decisions so there is a strong case for an outside force to be brought in to independently assess all this information.”

  • Louis Allwood

    Andrew grins after police drop sex claim probe against him without speaking to accuser

    Prince Andrew grins while driving his Range Rover as cops dropped a sex claim probe against him without speaking to his accuser.

    Scotland Yard is taking no further action into allegations lodged in a US lawsuit, including “rape in the first degree”.

    The Duke of York strongly refutes the claims made by alleged victim ­Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

    And his friends last night brazenly said it was “no surprise” the Met had dropped its review into sex abuse allegations for a third time.

    Cops contacted Andrew’s £1,000-an-hour legal team after Met chief Dame Cressida Dick asked officers to review the case in August.

    It is not known if they spoke to Andrew. But The Sun understands the Met did not quiz 38-year-old Ms Giuffre, now living in Australia.

  • Louis Allwood

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘WON’T christen daughter Lilibet in UK’

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will not christen their daughter Lilibet in the UK and will most likely hold an Episcopal ceremony in LA instead, a source has claimed.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their second child Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor on June 4 in Santa Barbara, California.

    It had been thought that the couple were hoping to christen their daughter in front of Her Majesty, 95, who has not met her great-grandaughter, in Windsor.

    However, royal insiders now believe Lilibet will be having a ceremony stateside.

    A palace source told The Telegraph: “There will not be a christening in the UK. It is not happening.”

    Meanwhile another insider added it was “highly unlikely”.  

  • Louis Allwood

    US suit still on as UK cops drop probe

    PRINCE Andrew will still face prosecution in the US over Virginia Roberts’ sexual abuse claims despite the Met Police dropping the case.

    The force announced they were taking “no further action” after carrying out two reviews into claims made against the Duke of York.

    But although UK cops have now terminated their investigations into allegations made against him and Epstein, Andrew still has to face the music stateside.

    Virginia Roberts is attempting to sue the royal in a New York court after alleging that she was forced to have sex with him three times when she was 17.

    Andrew has vehemently denied the allegations – which have been examined by the Met on at least two previous occasions.

  • Louis Allwood

    Andrew banned from lavish banquet with Charles & senior royals in fresh snub

    Prince Andrew was banned from a lavish banquet with Charles and senior royals in a fresh snub.

    The duke secretly attended a conference with Army colonels but was banished from dinner.

    Palace insiders confirmed Andrew was not allowed to represent the Grenadier Guards and asked to leave before the dinner and attended the conference privately.

    A source told us: “He sat at the back of the room. And was not allowed to dine with his brother.

    “It is quite a fall from grace.”

    A Clarence House spokesman said: “The Grenadier Guards were represented by the Regional Lieutenant-Colonel, who is Lieutenant-General Roland Walker.”

  • Louis Allwood

    Where is Prince Andrew in the line of succession?

    Prince Andrew is never likely to become king.

    He is currently NINTH in line to the throne behind Lilibeth – who was born in June – who is the granddaughter of future king Charles.

    But for 20 years between his birth and the birth of Prince William he was second in line. He was the first child born to a reigning monarch in over a century as Prince Charles and Princess Anne were born before Elizabeth came to the throne.

    Due to a law in place at the time where boys had precedence over girls Andrew pushed down his big sister Anne who had previously been second in line. That law was abolished in 2013 with Princess Charlotte being the first daughter not to be displaced by the birth of her little brother.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Harry & Meg not returning 'a great shame'

    A spokeswoman for the Sussexes confirmed on Saturday that the Duke would not be in attendance.

    And experts have said it will further harm the already strained relations between Harry, 37, and his brother William, 39.

    Royal expert and author Penny Junor said: “It is a great shame they are not coming. 

    “The longer they stay away the greater the rift and the more difficult it is to come back from.  They don’t come back and the rift continues. 

    “There is a lot of work to be done, it’s a shame they can’t come back. It shows they are not interested in making things work.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Harry has returned to the UK twice this year

    Harry has returned to the UK twice this year, once for his grandfather’s funeral and again for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to Diana.

    It is not known whether he will make a return for the rest of the year.

    He and Meghan had previously been mulling a visit for a party to mark his late mother, which will be attended by 100 guests including William and Sir Elton John,

    It’s understood Harry was particularly keen to travel back for the hour-long celebration.

    But now it has been confirmed by a spokesperson for the Sussexes that the couple will not be returning for the bash.

  • Joseph Gamp

    ‘Settlement agreement signed by Roberts in 2009’

    In his latest bid to end the lawsuit, the Hollywood legal team successfully argued to receive a copy of a 2009 settlement signed by Ms Roberts.

    Lawyer Andrew B. Brettler says the accuser had entered into a “settlement agreement” that would end her current claim against the prince.

    Roberts’ legal team agreed to hand over a copy of the “release” regarding her settlement with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, despite concerns it could scupper her bombshell lawsuit.

    Andrew’s attorneys hope the clause will exempt Queen’s second son from any culpability in her sex assault claims against him – but Virginia’s lawyers have branded it “irrelevant”.

    The secret agreement is said to not apply to the royal – instead releasing lawyers, employees, agents and heirs from liability in connection with the Epstein case.

    Andrew now has until October 29 to respond to the allegations, with his lawyers promising to “dismantle” his sex accuser’s allegations in detail.

  • Joseph Gamp

    ‘Isolated’ Andrew ‘clinging on to public life return’

    The Duke of York is said to be ‘isolated form the Royal Family – and is the “only person in the world clinging” to the idea that he could return to public life, an expert has claimed.

    It comes as Virginia Roberts is attempting to sue the royal in a New York court after alleging that she was forced to have sex with him three times when she was 17.

    Royal editor Russel Myers has said he believes that the firm are “closing ranks” on the Duke of York, as they are afraid he will damage the family’s reputation further.

    Speaking on Lorraine earlier today, Mr Myers said: “I think he is the only person in the entire world at the moment who is clinging to the aspect that he could return.”

    He added: “It does seem they’re closing ranks together on him and he’s become quite isolated.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Prince Andrew faces ‘disaster’

    The Duke of York’s “car crash” Newsnight interview – in which he bizarrely claimed he doesn’t sweat – should warn him off giving evidence, Angela Levin says.

    Writer Ms Levin, who has penned an authorised biography of Prince Harry, says Andrew had just three options to explore ahead of the civil case.

    Speaking on talkRADIO, Ms Levin said: “One was to ignore it, pretend it didn’t happen, he didn’t know anything about it. We’ve seen that hasn’t worked – it hasn’t gone away. He thought it would all disappear into the night. It hasn’t.

    “The second one was to go to America and answer all the questions and nit-pick apart the accusations, which is quite dangerous. Remember how he was on Newsnight and then think of him on the stand, giving evidence.

    “I think it would be a disaster for him.

    “The third one is to try to worm out the fact that his accuser doesn’t have a case.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Stepping forward

    Last month, the BBC aired a documentary on the life of Prince Philip featuring personal recollections from his loved ones.

    And Meghan and Harry have given a series of interviews this year – beginning with their bombshell Oprah chat in March.

    The couple were also reportedly miked up on a recent visit to New York – sparking rumours they may have been filming for a new series on their lives.

    The Sussexes were followed by their own personal videographer during the trip.

    The cameraman closely followed the pair around the city and even ran ahead of them for the perfect shot before they toured the 9/11 Memorial on Thursday, according to Page Six.

    A Kensington Palace spokesperson for Kate declined to comment.

  • Joseph Gamp

    ‘Great shame’ Harry & Meg not returning

    A spokeswoman for the Sussexes confirmed on Saturday that the Duke would not be in attendance.

    And experts have said it will further harm the already strained relations between Harry, 37, and his brother William, 39.

    Royal expert and author Penny Junor said: “It is a great shame they are not coming.

    “The longer they stay away the greater the rift and the more difficult it is to come back from. They don’t come back and the rift continues.

    “There is a lot of work to be done, it’s a shame they can’t come back. It shows they are not interested in making things work.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Prince Andrew faces ‘disaster’

    The Duke of York’s “car crash” Newsnight interview – in which he bizarrely claimed he doesn’t sweat – should warn him off giving evidence, Angela Levin says.

    Writer Ms Levin, who has penned an authorised biography of Prince Harry, says Andrew had just three options to explore ahead of the civil case.

    Speaking on talkRADIO, Ms Levin said: “One was to ignore it, pretend it didn’t happen, he didn’t know anything about it. We’ve seen that hasn’t worked – it hasn’t gone away. He thought it would all disappear into the night. It hasn’t.

    “The second one was to go to America and answer all the questions and nit-pick apart the accusations, which is quite dangerous. Remember how he was on Newsnight and then think of him on the stand, giving evidence.

    “I think it would be a disaster for him.

    “The third one is to try to worm out the fact that his accuser doesn’t have a case.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Harry won’t return for Remembrance Day

    PRINCE Harry will not be returning to the UK for Remembrance Day and will stay in the US for a veterans award ceremony, it’s reported.

    The Duke of Sussex – who served in the Army for a decade, completing two tours of Afghanistan – will fly to New York to present the inaugural Intrepid Valor Awards next month.

    The news comes after it was confirmed he and wife Meghan Markle also won’t make it back for a postponed party celebrating Princess Diana.

    The New York ceremony will pay tribute to veterans and military families “living with the invisible wounds of war”, the Telegraph reports.

    The royal was left feeling “deeply wounded” last year when the Queen reportedly decided to block his wreath from reaching the Cenotaph as he no longer represents the monarchy.

    It was later seen lying forgotten at the Royal British Legion’s Kent headquarters.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Harry has returned to the UK twice this year

    Harry has returned to the UK twice this year, once for his grandfather’s funeral and again for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to Diana.

    It is not known whether he will make a return for the rest of the year.

    He and Meghan had previously been mulling a visit for a party to mark his late mother, which will be attended by 100 guests including William and Sir Elton John,

    It’s understood Harry was particularly keen to travel back for the hour-long celebration.

    But now it has been confirmed by a spokesperson for the Sussexes that the couple will not be returning for the bash.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Inside Kate Middleton’s bargain wardrobe

    She may live in a palace and have access to glittering tiaras, but Kate Middleton often prefers to wear bargain high street items.

    The Duchess of Cambridge, 39, has been known to wear jewellery as cheap as £1.50, so it can be easy for budget-savvy fans to copy her royal style.

    Here, Fabulous takes a look at the mum-of-three’s high-street staples…

    £16 Zara dress
    £1.50 Accessorize earrings
    £20 M&S trainers
    £35 Asos dress
    £39 Warehouse jumper
    £59.99 Zara blazer
    £75 Topshop dress

  • Joseph Gamp

    Andrew was banned from lavish Royal banquet

    PRINCE Andrew was banned from a lavish banquet with Charles and senior royals in a fresh snub.

    The duke secretly attended a conference with Army colonels but was banished from dinner.

    Palace insiders confirmed Andrew was not allowed to represent the Grenadier Guards and asked to leave before the dinner and attended the conference privately.

    A source told us: “He sat at the back of the room. And was not allowed to dine with his brother.

    “It is quite a fall from grace.”

    A Clarence House spokesman said: “The Grenadier Guards were represented by the Regional Lieutenant-Colonel, who is Lieutenant-General Roland Walker.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    Where has Prince Andrew been lately?

    Prince Andrew spent most of August and September hiding from US lawyers at Balmoral, with the Queen.

    And it was reported yesterday that Prince William was “no fan” of Andrew, 61, who is facing a US sex abuse lawsuit.

    The Sun on Sunday revealed Andrew’s siblings Charles, Anne and Edward met nine months ago to agree there is no way back for him.

    It is also claimed the Met Police have spoken to Andrew’s accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

    The duke denies her claims.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Andrew still faces prosecution in US over ‘sex case’

    PRINCE Andrew will still face prosecution in the US over Virginia Roberts’ sexual abuse claims despite the Met Police dropping the case.

    The force announced they were taking “no further action” after carrying out two reviews into claims made against the Duke of York.

    But although UK cops have now terminated their investigations into allegations made against him and Epstein, Andrew still has to face the music stateside.

    Virginia Roberts is attempting to sue the royal in a New York court after alleging that she was forced to have sex with him three times when she was 17.

    Andrew has vehemently denied the allegations – which have been examined by the Met on at least two previous occasions.

  • caroline.mortimer@thesun.co.uk

    Where has Prince Andrew been lately?

    Prince Andrew spent most of August and September hiding from US lawyers at Balmoral, with the Queen.

    And it was reported yesterday that Prince William was “no fan” of Andrew, 61, who is facing a US sex abuse lawsuit.

    The Sun on Sunday revealed Andrew’s siblings Charles, Anne and Edward met nine months ago to agree there is no way back for him.

    It is also claimed the Met Police have spoken to Andrew’s accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

    The duke denies her claims.

  • Joseph Gamp

    Andrew could still have to pay millions in ‘damages’ says legal experts

    The Duke of York could have to stump up millions in damages if a US jury finds he is liable, according to legal experts.

    If the court ruled in Roberts’ favour, it could see Andrew become the focus of a US criminal investigation linked to the accusations, Nick Goldstone, head of dispute resolution at international law firm Ince, said.

    US authorities could take “greater interest” into his alleged activity and pursue him for the alleged crimes.

  • caroline.mortimer@thesun.co.uk

    Harry & Meg not returning ‘a great shame’

    A spokeswoman for the Sussexes confirmed on Saturday that the Duke would not be in attendance.

    And experts have said it will further harm the already strained relations between Harry, 37, and his brother William, 39.

    Royal expert and author Penny Junor said: “It is a great shame they are not coming. 

    “The longer they stay away the greater the rift and the more difficult it is to come back from.  They don’t come back and the rift continues. 

    “There is a lot of work to be done, it’s a shame they can’t come back. It shows they are not interested in making things work.”

  • caroline.mortimer@thesun.co.uk

    Will George ever be King?

    The Royal Family “may never see Prince George become King”.

    Royal commentator Daniela Elser has pinpointed how the turmoil facing the Firm didn’t make a “pretty picture” for its future.

    Speaking about the change that will happen in the coming years as the Queen’s reign ends, she said: “When that mournful day comes, we might not be only saying goodbye to a truly iconic figure but farewelling the last and final Queen of the UK.

    “It will be up to her son, grandson and great-grandson what comes next; they will be fighting for nothing short of survival.”

  • caroline.mortimer@thesun.co.uk

    Where is Prince Andrew in the line of succession?

    Prince Andrew is never likely to become king.

    He is currently NINTH in line to the throne behind Lilibeth – who was born in June – who is the granddaughter of future king Charles.

    But for 20 years between his birth and the birth of Prince William he was second in line. He was the first child born to a reigning monarch in over a century as Prince Charles and Princess Anne were born before Elizabeth came to the throne.

    Due to a law in place at the time where boys had precedence over girls Andrew pushed down his big sister Anne who had previously been second in line. That law was abolished in 2013 with Princess Charlotte being the first daughter not to be displaced by the birth of her little brother.

    Source: Read Full Article