‘Prince Harry should scrap his book – but he probably won’t,’ says Jennie Bond

Royal expert Jennie Bond has told Prince Harry to scrap his highly anticipated new book following the death of his grandmother the Queen.

Harry’s tell-all memoir, which had been scheduled for release later this year, is set to spill all on his time as a young royal living in the United Kingdom, all the way up to becoming a dad-of-two now living in Los Angeles.

There’s been speculation that the publication date could be delayed until next year, but Jennie says the Duke of Sussex, 38, should bin it altogether.

Opening up about Harry and wife Meghan ’s plans following the Queen’s funeral, she tells OK! : “I think Meghan has only postponed the podcast, so she’ll go back to working on that. And I think that Harry will find it very difficult to get out of publishing that book.

For all of the latest updates, sign up for OK!'s Royal newsletter.

“Publishers are demanding people and he's presumably had a very substantial advance already for it, and unless he was prepared to pay that back, the book will be published because it's already completed.”

She continues: “Obviously, the best thing would be to scrap it entirely but I don't think he probably even has the option to do that, unless he breaks his contract and pays lots of money back.”

But while Jennie suggests the book may have to go ahead, she adds that it’s likely Harry could update it, saying: “I imagine the book will come out in the new year. I imagine he will update it, and maybe he will be allowed to alter things he’s said.

“Or maybe he hasn’t said anything critical; we're all assuming it's going to be devastating, but maybe it's not. Maybe it's not a book of horrors.”

Harry announced plans for the memoir last year. He said in a statement: "I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.

"I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”

Meanwhile, Harry and Meghan, 41, are expected to leave the UK “as soon as they can” in order to return to their two children, Archie and Lilibet, after almost three weeks away from them.

The Sussexes were reported to be planning on flying home as soon as they were able, but as of Tuesday morning, they were still in the UK, having stayed at Windsor following Her Majesty's funeral, a source told the Times.

The couple were originally only supposed to be in the UK for a few days when they arrived here earlier this month, as they were scheduled to take part in several high profile engagements including the One Young World summit in Manchester and the WellChild Awards in London.

However during their stay, the Queen was sadly taken ill before the heartbreaking news came that she had died at the age of 96.

READ NEXT:

  • Lorraine defends Harry and Meghan 'breaking rank' by holding hands in Westminster Hall

  • Archie and Lilibet 'not going to get' royal titles from King Charles, expert claims

  • Meghan Markle ‘gracefully declined' awards ceremony following death of Queen Elizabeth II

  • Prince Harry had 'nothing to hide emotions behind' after uniform ban at procession

  • For the latest updates on the Royal Family, sign up to OK!'s weekly royals newsletter

Source: Read Full Article