Boyfriend told pregnant partner he'd 'kick baby out of her' as he threatened to torture & rape her in 40-minute attack

A THUG boyfriend told his pregnant partner that he would "kick her baby out of her" and threatened to torture and rape her.

Gary Metcalfe, 22, subjected his girlfriend to a sickening catalogue of abuse and held her at knifepoint.

During the 40-minute attack, he punched her in the face before threatening to stab and rape her if she made a noise, Teeside Live reports.

Metcalfe terrorised his victim in her own home, and said he would bury her in the ground.

The terrified woman fled her home to raise the alarm, following her shocking ordeal on October 31 last year.

After returning home with the police she found her £500 television had been smashed and a hole punched through a bathroom door.


Women’s Aid has this advice for victims and their families:

  • Always keep your phone nearby.
  • Get in touch with charities for help, including the Women’s Aid live chat helpline and services such as SupportLine.
  • If you are in danger, call 999.
  • Familiarise yourself with the Silent Solution, reporting abuse without speaking down the phone, instead dialing “55”.
  • Always keep some money on you, including change for a pay phone or bus fare.
  • If you suspect your partner is about to attack you, try to go to a lower-risk area of the house – for example, where there is a way out and access to a telephone.
  • Avoid the kitchen and garage, where there are likely to be knives or other weapons. Avoid rooms where you might become trapped, such as the bathroom, or where you might be shut into a cupboard or other small space.

If you are a ­victim of domestic abuse, SupportLine is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8pm on 01708 765200. The charity’s email support ­service is open weekdays and weekends during the crisis –

Women’s Aid provides a live chat service available. from 10am to noon.

You can also call the freephone 24-hour ­National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.

Metcalfe, originally from Darlington, Durham, was arrested and charged with making threats to kill, common assault and criminal damage.

He pleaded guilty to the offences and was jailed for two years at Teeside Crown Court.

The vile yob was also handed a three-year restraining order.

Investigating officer Heidi Weir, who led the investigation for Durham Police, said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the woman, who not only feared for her life but for the life of her unborn child.

“She showed great bravery by escaping from the property, raising the alarm, and supporting a police investigation.

“Metcalfe is a very dangerous and controlling individual.

"I hope his conviction and spell behind bars will provide her with some comfort that he is off the streets and unable to harm her further."

She urged anyone suffering at the hands of an abuser to contact the police.

Source: Read Full Article