Dramatic moment armed cops arrest terror suspect at gunpoint after Liverpool hospital explosion

THIS is the moment armed police arrested a terror suspect after a car explosion outside a women's hospital.

Dramatic footage shows officers with guns yelling "don't you f***ing move" as they storm the terraced home in Liverpool.

A man can be seen slowly walking out of a back door with his arms in the air.

One cop balances on a ladder at the edge of the garden wall with a gun trained on the house.

An officer then yells: "Show me your hands. Do not move."

What we know so far…

  • A terrorist was killed and taxi driver injured in a car bomb blast at Liverpool Women's Hospital yesterday
  • Hero cabbie Dave Perry locked the passenger in the taxi to prevent further disaster
  • The horror is being treated as a terrorist incident but the motive is unclear
  • Four people have been arrested on suspicion of terror offences
  • The bomb was homemade and manufactured 'by the passenger in the taxi'
  • Boris Johnson will chair an emergency Cobra meeting today

The cop continued: "Hands on your head – do not f***ing move.

"Hands on head… you walk towards me. Slowly."

The officer on the ladder then jumps off as the suspect can be seen slowly walking towards the cops.

They then disappear into an alleyway as more shouting of "slowly" can be heard.

The suspect is one of three men aged 29, 26 & 21 who were arrested yesterday under the Terrorism Act after the blast at Liverpool Women's Hospital.

A fourth man, 20, was held today by officers with all four suspects to be quizzed by counter-terrorism officers this afternoon.

🔵 Read our Liverpool explosion live blog for the latest updates

Police confirmed today the horror is being treated as a terror incident.

Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson, Counter Terrorism North West, said the bomber was picked up in Rutland Avenue just before 11am.

He then asked to be taken to Liverpool Women's Hospital, which is around ten minutes away.

As the taxi approached the hospital, the explosion tore through the car and engulfed it in a fireball – killing him and injuring cabbie Dave Perry.

Police believe they know his identify but no details have been released.

Officers are still trying to establish a motive for the terror blast and said the investigation is "continuing at pace".


The officer added: "Remarkably, the taxi driver, escaped from the cab. He has been treated for the injuries he sustained and has now been released from hospital.

"Emergency services quickly attended the scene and Merseyside Fire and Rescue put out the fire following which it quickly became apparent that the passenger remained in the vehicle and was deceased.

"It is not clear what the motivation for this incident is.

"Our enquiries indicate that an improvised explosive device has been manufactured and our assumption so far is that this was built by the passenger in the taxi.

"The reason why he then took it to the Women's Hospital is unknown, as is the reason for its sudden explosion.

"Although, the motivation for this incident is yet to be understood, given all the circumstances, it has been declared a terrorist incident and Counter Terrorism Policing are continuing with the investigation."

The officer confirmed two addresses in the city have been searched as a result of the investigation.

Three of the suspects were arrested yesterday at Sutcliffe Street in the Kensington area of Liverpool, while today's arrest was made in the same area.

Cops have found "significant items" at a home searched in Rutland Avenue with eight families living nearby evacuated.

Merseyside Chief Constable Serena Kennedy said: "There is no specific threat to the area, but I have asked for patrols to be increased right across Merseyside."

She also urged people to "remain calm" but "vigilant and alert".

    Source: Read Full Article