MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry will NOT join Queen's procession in their final event before Megxit today – with Kate Middleton and Prince William also dropped last minute.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were expected to appear with other senior members of the Royal Family at the annual Commonwealth Day service before heading back to Canada to start their new "financially independent" life.
But the couple will not be part of the Queen's procession through Westminster Abbey at the start of the service.
Instead, they will be conducted to their seats, rather than waiting for Her Majesty's arrival and walking through the church like they did last year.
And in a last minute change, Prince William and Kate Middleton will also not join the 93-year-old monarch in the procession.
A source said the sudden amendments were made on Sunday – the day before the event, despite the Order of Service already having been signed off and printed.
Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace have not commented as to why the switch has been made.
Both couples had previously been part of the procession last year – with Meghan then pregnant with Archie during the service.
But instead, today's procession will instead simply be Prince Charles and Camilla, clergy, Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the Commonwealth Secretary General.
Tradition dictates that sixth-in-line Harry sits with Meghan in the second row of seats behind the Queen, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate during the service.
The royals and other guests will then listen to international boxing champion and Olympic gold medallist Anthony Joshua deliver a reflection, while singers Alexandra Burke and Craig David will perform.
Guests of honour among the 2,000-strong congregation will include Prime Minister Boris Johnson, the Commonwealth secretary-general Baroness Scotland, high commissioners, ambassadors, faith leaders and more than 800 schoolchildren and young people.
Today's service marks the first time the couple will appear with the Royal Family in public since dramatically announcing they were quitting.
Meghan came face to face with the Queen for the first time yesterday as she headed to church in Windsor with her husband Harry and the monarch.
While Harry has sat down with his grandmother several times since January, Meghan has been in Canada during Megxit talks.
Earlier this week, Harry, 35, spoke with the Queen in a four hour heart-to-heart, with Her Majesty telling her grandson he would always be welcome back into the family.
And the Mirror today reported Meghan and Harry now plan to set up a charitable organisation to help injured and homeless veterans.
A source told the paper the couple want to "collectively make a change in the armed forces arena".
Harry and Meghan had caused a royal crisis by revealing they wanted to step back from their roles as senior Royals and become financially independent while still supporting the Queen.
But the plan was unworkable, and the couple are now dropping their HRH titles and stepping away from the monarchy completely from March 31.
And the Sussexes faced speculation of a rift between themselves and the Cambridges after the couples were initially dubbed the Fab Four.
But the brothers have since reportedly healed their feud – both fearing the breach might never have been fixed when Harry moved.
Now, Meghan and Harry are expected to forge ahead with their new life, although questions remain over exactly how they will fund their new life.
Meghan and Harry are understood to be staying at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor while they are back in Britain, a home they kept after promising to pay back the £2.4million of taxpayer money spent on refurbishing the property.
They have been busy with a whirlwind of final engagements, on Saturday night heading to the Mountbatten Festival of Music, which celebrates the Royal Marines.
Meghan also headed to Robert Clack School, Dagenham, East London to mark International Women's Day where a cheeky student managed to get a hug.
Source: Read Full Article